- Urbansurvival is at the top of my list of sites to recommend. I’ve been reading George Ure’s daily updates on his blog for years now. Urbansurvival has been predicting the Second Great Depression since its inception and I have found a lot of his information very useful in planning for survival in the future. For example, Urbansurvival recommended buying silver when it was valued at around $6 an ounce – it now sits at:
Mr. Ure has been practicing a more self-reliant living and freely shares his experiences for those looking to follow a similar path. I would add this site to your favorites and visit it frequently. Urbansurvival is an excellent source for news and insights that you will not find from the mainstream media. Here’s the link: http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm
- From time to time I visit some of the “outer fringe”, “tinfoil hat” type websites in search for some alternative news that occasionally has little tidbits of good information that you won’t find in the mainstream media. Obviously, most of the information needs to be taken with a grain of salt but every so often you will find elements of truth in this media. One such site that I enjoy visiting quite often is http://paranoidnews.org . The site is updated regularly and you will find the most recent information on the latest ‘end of the world’ predictions among other things. Click the banner below to check it out! :
- Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy have an excellent blog and podcast in which they share their wealth of knowledge that they have collected from their years in the health care field. Dr. Bones is a Medical Doctor and Nurse Amy is Nurse Practitioner. Their site is called Doom and Bloom and it is an absolute gold mine of information on taking care of yourself and your family in any type of disaster situation when modern medical assistance isn’t available. Go to their site at http://www.doomandbloom.net/ .
- Another site that I frequent is Survivalist Boards. This message board contains a massive amount of information! Topics range from surviving a disaster to discussing your favorite apocalyptic fiction. The information you will find is often very specific and practical. I visit this site on a daily basis. Here’s the link: http://www.survivalistboards.com/
- The Survival Podcast has been a very influential web site for many people including myself. Jack Spirko has a really unique perspective on prepping for disasters otherwise known as when shit hits the fan (shtf). He is living a lifestyle of self-sufficiency in which his actions will help him and his family to prosper, regardless of whether disaster/shtf ever occurs. His slogan is “Helping You Live the Life You Want, If Times Get Tough, Or Even If They Don’t”. In Jack’s daily podcast, he shares information to help others to develop a more self-sufficient lifestyle. From gardening in your backyard to choosing the best weapon for self-defence, The Survival Podcast is an excellent source for information and inspiration. Here’s the link: http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/
- Another excellent resource for those wanting to prepare for all types of disasters is The Survival Monkey Forums. This site was one of the places that David Crawford, also known as Halffast, first released Lights Out a few chapters at a time. A word of warning: do a search of the forums before you post a question as your question may have already been addressed and the forum “founding members” or long timers tend to be a little grumpy with new members. http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/